Wednesday, November 20, 2013

35 Weeks


How far along?  35 weeks...ahhh it's getting so close!!!
Maternity clothes?  Same old same old...a couple of pants and tank tops.  Luckily, my wardrobe already had plenty of cardigans so I wear those all the time.  Really, my outfits don't look that different compared to pre-pregnancy.  They're just filled out a little more these days :)
Sleep:  I've been sleeping great, except that I've been waking up randomly around 4:30 every morning.  This makes me super thankful for four things: 1. My Kindle (I just keep it under my pillow these days)  2. Friends that work odd hours and can text me  3.  Coffee and 4. That I'm not teaching full time anymore.  Tired teacher = crabby teacher and I for one am thankful not to have to subject 200 students to that on a daily basis.  And that I can take naps like all the time, which is lovely.
Best moment this week:  Stacy and Andrew having little baby Asher!!!! He is CRAZY cute and I can't believe my sister has a baby!  One of the weirdest things about getting older is seeing people you know so well start to have babies...and then seeing their babies actually LOOK like them!  I know that's how DNA works, but it's still such a freaky feeling.

Hello, you cute little thing!!!
Also, our birthing class was the JAM last night as we basically just practiced being relaxed.  I'm not sure if it will actually help me during childbirth, but I felt like I had just been at the spa.  That's probably what it's like giving birth, right?  Yeah...
Miss Anything?  Cold pepperoni.  I know that's weird, but now that we're getting into the holiday season, you can't go anywhere without one of those little meat and cheese trays and I am SO sad that I can't partake in that deliciousness!  Soon and very soon..
Movement:  This morning she had the hiccups for a crazy long time.  She's only had the hiccups once before, but I was listening to music and for some reason I just thought she was kicking with an incredible sense of rhythm.  Soo...instead of a musical prodigy, I'm getting a child with a spastic diaphragm.  Ah well, you can't win 'em all.  She also had a TON of fun at the pre-Thanksgiving party we went to this weekend.  Delicious food, great people, and fabulous holiday tunes...what's not to love?  She was dancing like CRAZY during all of the Thanksgiving songs!  Yeah, you heard me right.  It just wouldn't feel like Thanksgiving without those classic Birkeneder Thanksgiving carols!  They sounded awesome with the whole band performing...great job Moriah 3!

Food cravings:  The usual suspects: milk, peanut butter, bananas AND [getting into the holiday spirit]...PUMPKIN PIE! :)
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Ugh, yes.  That evening queasiness has started to come back.  No vomiting yet, but oy. Also, for the record I've had round ligament pain like whoa.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically shooting pains in your lower abdomen whenever you move too quickly...or in my case, 60% of the time you walk anywhere.  It's pretty much awesome.
Have you started to show yet:  Yeah...I was subbing yesterday and they have you stand in the doorway to shake hands with all the kids as they walk in...only I couldn't fit in the doorway AND have the kids walk by without knocking into the belly.  Embarrassing.  I'm definitely starting to feel like a bit of a whale.
Gender:  Girl
Labor Signs:  None, I don't think.  She needs to cook in there a little longer!
Belly Button in or out?  Still have that weird overhang thing going on, but I think it's starting to even out a bit?  Hopefully?  Thank goodness I'm having this baby in December and not during swimsuit weather.  The world doesn't need to see this.
Wedding rings on or off?  Alas, still off.  I hope I'll be able to start wearing them soon
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Mostly happy...sometimes nervous, sometimes crabby, but mostly happy :)

Looking forward to:  The holidays!!!  We're having a mini Thanksgiving here and then it'll be time to decorate for Christmas!!!!  Tis the season and I can't WAIT to get my tree up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment