Sunday, June 12, 2016

Juliette: 8 Months

Age: 8 months
Milestones: She is a SUPER crawler, AND she can pull herself up to a standing position! She also had her first experience with snow (which she touched for two seconds and then cried  #southernbelle) and went to her first major league baseball game (not the Cubs, but the Astros are still pretty fun anyways)
My Favorites: Her little personality.  I love how happy and easygoing she is about almost everything, and I love seeing how much she genuinely enjoys life and watching all of the fun around her.  You can tell she's excited to be a part of it, but at the same time she enjoys just watching it all go down.
Her Favorites: Basically everything a baby should not have, e.g. cords, phones, tiny things, hair, and whatever big sister is eating.  She also LOVES giving zerberts, playing with the "other" baby in the mirror, and watching the constant shenanigans going on around her.  You know what is NOT her favorite?  Broccoli.  Because I fed her one spoonful and she vomited all over the place. 
Surprises: How distinct her personality is already!!  She is such a happy little girl 99% of the time, but when she feels things, she FEEEEELS things.  It's not that she's moody or sensitive...in fact, rarely anything makes her cry (just if she thinks we're leaving her and if she's really really hungry), but when she does cry, it's INTENSE. It's never "wah feed me wah wah"...it's always a "MOOOOMMMMMM MY WORLD IS ENDDDDINGGGGGGGGGG I'M SOOO MAAADDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!" kind of cry, which is heartbreaking...but then as soon as the problem is resolved she recovers instantly.  She's also CRAZY determined.  Whenever she gets a new skill, I can already see her wheels turning like, "ok...what new things can THIS help me do?"  The VERY day she learned how to crawl, she used her newfound ability to crawl over to a ledge and try to pull herself up to a standing position...and succeeded.  Somehow I think we're going to be a lot alike...is it too premature to make that prediction?
Other Notable Moments:  She got her first little spanking :(  (she kept going after cords, it was a safety thing!!)  I gave her a little tap on the thigh and she looked around at me and smiled like "Everything's still ok, right?  I'm sure you didn't mean that, Mom."  and then she went after the cords again, so I had to give her another little tap.  She looked at me and tried to smile again, but this really really sad face kept peeking through.  I gave Juliette a hug and looked at Jenna, who was intently watching her sister with a look of total sympathy and concern.  As soon as she saw the spanking part was over, she rushed over to Juliette and started singing "Sisters" from White Christmas to make her feel better.  And my heart exploded.
Looking Forward To...: When she can talk!  She's pretty quiet most of the time, but I want to hear her little thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment