Monday, June 24, 2013

13 Weeks

Summer break!!!  Flying into Chicago was such a fiasco....I missed my flight in the morning and had to go later in the day.  The worst part was that I wasn't able to choose my seats and ended up in an aisle seat with ZERO views of the window.  I got so sick on the descent that I started sweating profusely and the guy in the seat next to me looked seriously concerned haha.  Serves him right for having such a large head. THEN I had to book it like a mile and a half across the Charlotte airport because my connecting flight was in 15 minutes, which did not help with the sweating.  But then there was a storm and I was stuck there anyways.  Drama.  BUT I made it and am happy to be in Palatine safe & sound!!


How far along? 13 weeks
Maternity clothes? Just maxi dresses. I've given up on pants haha

Sleep:  Getting slightly more normal here...less naps.  I'm actually able to stay up when we are hanging out with friends...that's a big plus in my book!
Best moment this week: Going to the doctor :) We got a little ultrasound video of baby J, who was kicking and squirming and moving all over the place!! Plus, the last time we got an ultrasound it just looked like a little blob and this time it looks like an actual baby!  I was so amazed!

Miss Anything?  Not so much
Movement: No!! I can't believe it either after watching that ultrasound. If my baby is moving around that much inside of me, how can I not feel it?? It's the size of a peach!  If you had a peach sized anything else in you, you would think that you'd be able to feel it!

Food cravings: Summer fruits!! I got a bunch of peaches and plums and they were mmmm mmm good!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yes! I've still been getting sick every day, but it was getting better towards the end of the day.
Have you started to show yet:  Yes, I definitely have a bump! Still though, I can't wait until I'm big enough that anyone would know at a glance that it really is pregnant and not just a beer belly or something haha

Gender Prediction: I had a dream the other day that it was a girl and now I can't shake the feeling!  I will still be happy with either, but I've been picturing my baby as a girl more now.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy! :)
Looking forward to: Being in Palatine for the next few weeks, especially for my big sister's baby shower and my little sister's graduation party!!!! (Although I will miss Jacob and my dog)

No comments:

Post a Comment