Friday, December 27, 2013

The First Week!

Age
One whole week old!

Favorites
Sometimes when she's waking up she makes a little pterodactyl squeal...it is the cutest thing ever!

When she poops, she goes totally limp and gets this completely dazed look on her face.

When she crosses her legs.  Such a little lady!  I have so many pictures of her sleeping, it's disgusting.
When she folds her little hands up under her chin.  I have yet to get a picture of this, but don't worry.  It'll happen.

Jacob not wanting to put her down in the hospital because he'd "waited 9 months to do this!"
Daddy daughter story time :)

Milestones
Being born!  I'd say that's a pretty significant one.
First Nana sweater...a pretty important milestone for the Fuchs/Weber clan
Look how big it is on her!!  Wizard arms!
First smile!  Not really smiling AT anything, but just in her sleep a few times. It's the best.
I caught a little glimpse of one here
First (and second) doctor's visit.  These were not as fun.  At the first doctor's visit she had dropped almost a pound, but by the second visit she was 6 lb 10 oz, just 2 oz short of her birth weight!  She had also grown from 18.75 inches to 20.25 inches!  An inch and a half in less than a week, that's crazy!!
Surprises
I had no idea I was going to like having a baby so much.  The waking up every 2-3 hours to feed, the diaper changing, the crying...it all has this layer of cuteness over it because it's MY precious little baby that's doing it and I'm interested in everything that she does.  It's so much more enjoyable than I thought it would be!  Part of this is no doubt because Grandma has been here, being a HUGE help with the laundry, cooking, shopping, baths, etc.  I might feel slightly more challenged once I'm on my own and Jacob is working full weeks again :)
She had a little bit of a sore throat when she first arrived so she wanted to be extra careful!
Other Notable Moments
Bringing her home from the hospital
Waking up in the middle of the night sweating so profusely that I thought I peed my pants. Hormones are great.

Feeling so frustrated because I would spend forever breastfeeding and still she was losing too much weight and her bilirubin levels her rising (she always falls asleep while I'm feeding her!) BUT THEN after talking to the doctor, Jacob & I made a plan of action and less than a day later everything was already a million times better.  Two days later and she was almost back up to her birth weight!  It's just a good reminder that when I'm really frustrated or feeling like a failure, it can turn around SO quickly and everything will eventually be ok again.

Oh man...if I thought pregnancy dreams were weird, they have nothing on these in-between-feeding nap dreams.  For example, one night I had a dream that I saw this kid from high school walking around in my neighborhood.  When I asked what he was doing, he said he was geocaching.  Also, he had the most enormously thick prospector's mustache I've ever seen, which actually kind of worked for him.  I had another dream that I was trying to take a shower, but Justin Timberlake kept stopping me saying things like I hadn't cleaned my room or I was just trying to skip school or I needed to write on my wall with soap first.  It ended with me pushing him up against the wall and yelling, "YOU ARE NOT MY DAD, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!"

This parenting fail...
I woke up last night to Jacob stroking my cheek, which I thought was really sweet...until he started tapping it with his thumb like we do to wake Jenna up when she falls asleep eating.  Then he took his hand and gripped my chin, like he does to Jenna when he's burping her.  I'm trying to figure out if he's joking around or if he's sleeping when all of a sudden I hear him mumble, "That's not Jenna's head."  I busted out laughing and said, "Nope, it's mine."  He grunted, rolled over, and had no memory of it in the morning.  It was fantastic.

Looking Forward To...
Being able to stretch out her nighttime feedings a little more.  At this point, we're still having to wake her up when it's time to eat.  When she gets a couple weeks older I'm hoping to move towards feeding on demand...especially because right now she's not demanding very much haha.  Hopefully then she won't be so tired whenever I try to feed her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment