Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Wrapping Up the Pregnancy


Had to get a before and after shot!

 Ok, obviously this wasn't ACTUALLY taken the day I gave birth to her.  You've gotta cut me some slack though,  I was a little busy.  A 5 day photo delay is not too shabby.
Important note: I have decided NOT to retire this blog.  My intention was just to create a pregnancy blog, and I've absolutely loved being able to look back and remember those little details about pregnancy that might've otherwise been forgotten.  I was thinking about it and if I want to remember my pregnancy, I'm DEFINITELY going to want to remember Jenna's life!  So the blog will continue.

HOWEVER, I think this is going to be the last time I will post my blog onto Facebook...maybe the second to last, since I might post the labor story.  Therefore, if you want to keep up with the Marcotte family and our adventures with Baby J, you can subscribe using the little e-mail widget to the right or you can follow my blog with Bloglovin <-- just click the link :)


How far along?  39 weeks and 3 days 
Total weight gain:  We ended at an even 40!  I'm glad, I like even numbers.
Maternity clothes?  My maternity clothes amounted to a total of: a couple of Target maternity tanks (best things ever), one maternity shirt that I wore like twice, a skirt, a swimsuit top, some work pants, and some hand-me-down jeans from a friend.  I was able to wear my regular clothes for the entire pregnancy, which is AWESOME.  Thank goodness I'm a teacher and cardigans are my lifeblood.  Also yoga pants, but I have no excuse for that.  And...ok just between me and you?  I personally did not spend a single dollar on maternity clothes.  My mom bought me all of the aforementioned clothing items (minus the hand-me-downs) as a gift to "start me off," and I just made it work from there.  I'm actually kind of secretly proud of this...
Sleep:  At the end I had so many naps and early bedtimes.  I woke up randomly around 4:30 a lot...half of me suspected that it was a sign she would be born at 4:30, which is obviously nonsense and the fact that I was thinking that was actually a sign that I had way too much time by myself.
Best thing about pregnancy overall:   Going for the obvious here, but having the baby.  I LOVED being pregnant...but not being pregnant is so much better haha

Miss Anything?   Overall, I missed cold meats the most.  The first thing I ate after Jenna was born was a turkey sandwich...just plain turkey on white bread and it was the BEST. THING. EVER.
My sister knows what's up.
Movement:  Feeling her move around was incredible and I often wondered if I would be a little sad after she was born because I couldn't feel her anymore...nope!  Watching her move around is a million times better, and now I don't have to be worried about kick counts (which I was never very good at) and other crazy things like that.
Food cravings:  Most notable food cravings throughout the pregnancy were fruit and chocolate, although in the days leading up to giving birth, food didn't interest me that much at all.  Total quease-fest.
Anything make you queasy or sick:  Um yes, labor.  Labor made me queasy AND sick.
The baby bump:  To be honest, my baby bump did not get as big as I thought it would.  Granted, I still totally felt like a house, but I was still able to put on my shoes myself and could see my feet if I leaned forward just a little...I feel like those are things most full-term pregnant people are not supposed to be able to do.  I guess this was nice, it was just surprising.
Gender:  Girl!!  I guess you never really know for sure until they're born, so I can say this with full confidence now!
Labor Signs:  At my last appointment (two days before going into labor) the doctor said I was 1 cm dilated...woo hoo, progress!  One labor sign I DIDN'T have was that last minute "nesting" instinct everyone keeps talking about.  Pretty much all of 2nd and 3rd trimester I was nesting like CRAZY...at the end of my pregnancy, I was just tired and wanted to nap all the time, so I did.  I feel like a lot of my pregnancy was opposite of what it was "supposed" to be...food aversions 1st trimester? False, everything tasted AMAZING (too amazing *cough*40pounds*cough*).  Nausea ending during 2nd trimester?  False, that's when it started.  Huge burst of energy before you give birth?  False, you could've renamed me Sir Napsalot or Big Naps McGee, and I wouldn't have noticed because I would've been asleep.  I slept through most of my contractions, for crying out loud (I'll write more on my labor in a different blog post).  Ah well, I guess I've always been a bit of a rebel.  I also didn't have diarrhea leading up to labor, which was the one sign I was for sure counting on having.  Again, more on that later.
Belly Button in or out?  That bottom half stubbornly refused to pop out.  I am so surprised, I thought for sure this was my second chance at an outie.  Maybe the next pregnancy.
Wedding rings on or off?  Off
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Other than some ridiculous mood swings and crying about toast, my pregnancy was a very happy time!

Looking forward to:  Everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment