Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Top o' the Morning to ya

Actually, since it's 5:00 at night I really should be saying top o' the evening to ya...but in reality I shouldn't be saying either of those things because I'm about as Irish as a giant pile of schnitzel.  Luckily, my daughter is part Irish and makes a super cute St. Patrick's Day babay.



I love the holidays.  Even the silly ones that originated as celebrating things like the death of saints but have since turned into celebrations of candy or green beer (read: Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day).  Side note...a quick Google search just told me that I've been punctuating sentences with parenthesis at the end wrong my entire life.  A teacher at one point told me that the period went outside of parenthesis, no exceptions, and I've been following that religiously ever since.  Now Google tells me that isn't true.  It makes me wonder what incorrect things I might've said to my students that they will think is true for the next 15 years...it's crazy how the things teachers do can stick with you for so long.  For example, I remember in preschool my teachers set up a little leprechaun hunt, where the leprechaun left a trail of mini Reese's that we followed all the way to a pot of gold.  We each got one of the Reese's in the trail.  I can't remember what ended up being in the pot of gold (more Reese's? Lucky Charms? Chocolate coins?) but either way, it was awesome.  I love holidays.  (See how I brought that back around? Boom.)   Anyway, I can't wait to do fun little things like that with Jenna as she gets older.  In the meantime, I can celebrate by dressing her in green and taking a whole memory card's worth of pictures.
And one more of mom & baby for good measure.

Hope you all had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day yesterday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment