Thursday, March 20, 2014

3 Months

Age
Three months 

Milestones
Laughing!  So far there's pretty much just one or two things that consistently make her laugh, but I do them all the time now because it's so fun!!  I've also heard her jabbering and then laughing to herself when she is supposed to be napping, which is pretty hilarious. 


She's pretty great at holding up her head now.  She can stand and sit up with help from us.  She's so strong!!

My Favorites
Just hanging out with her...she's so fun and smiley!!  Most of the day we pretty much just sit and chat and smile at each other, which probably sounds awful to anyone who has ever babysat before, but it's actually pretty awesome when it's your own spawn.  I love it so much. There have been a few times when she's woken up in the morning a couple hours earlier than she's supposed to and to keep babies in "sleep mode" you're not supposed to make eye contact...but as soon as she sees me she starts smiling and giggling and I can't help but look at her and start laughing too.  No self control for either of us.

Her chubby little cheeks and thigh rolls and elbow dimples!!!

Her Favorites
Being a copycat...apparently, I make a "surprise" face at her a lot, and she's started copying it anytime I get near her face...kind of.  Jacob got a video of her doing it, which is honestly ones of the funniest things I've ever seen (although that may be biased mom talk), but if you don't have time to watch it, you can at least look at this picture of the face I make vs. the face she makes.
Oh well, she tries.
She also started copying the way Jacob sneezes which, if you've never heard him sneeze before, it's basically an enormous war cry followed by a sneeze.  It's the second loudest thing you will ever hear (the loudest is Jacob throwing up.  I can't even BEGIN to describe that experience.) I love that there are now TWO people in my household that do this.  Not.

Blowing spit bubbles 

Looking in the mirror
Mom & Dad.  I LOVE how much she loves her mom & dad :) 

Surprises
How quickly she's grown!  I feel like her head is twice the size it was at birth, it's CRAZY!

Other Notable Moments
I took all the blog posts from my pregnancy and put them into a Shutterfly book...it arrived this week and looks so good!!
I can't decide when I want to give it to her...when she learns to read?  Or maybe middle school?  I feel like that's when kids are most curious about themselves (read: self-absorbed) and she would appreciate something like this at that time...or maybe around when she goes to college since that's about the time you can actually starts seeing your parents as cool and she'll appreciate my jokes more? TBD

Looking Forward To...
Visitors coming this month!!  Jacob's parents are coming into town immediately followed by my best friend Rachel!  I can't wait for Jenna to get to know them!!

I'm also really excited about her being able to sit up on her own and start moving around.  I mean I know that's going to add a whole layer of craziness on my day, but it's going to be so fun to see her putting around the living room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment