Wednesday, May 7, 2014

4 months

Age
4 months (and then some...I swear I had this all written out two weeks ago.  We've been busy haha)
 

At her doctor's appointment this week, she weighed 14 lb. 11 oz. and measured at 24 inches...later when the doctor handed me the paper with her information I saw that her weight was in the 60th percentile and her height was in the 28TH!  I was so surprised that I straight up yelled out, "She's SHORT!!!"  But then the doctor told me she thinks that Jenna maybe wasn't stretched out all the way when they measured her because she didn't LOOK 28th percentile short.  I measured her myself later, and sure enough she's almost 25 inches, which jumped her back to a more normal percentile.  Somewhere between 70 and 100....those charts are hard to read. Phew.

Milestones
She has a lot more control over her arms now.  She's started to intentionally reach for things a bit more, or at least hold onto them when they're within her grasp.  The other day, she was very intentionally knocking over my water bottle.  I'd set it back up, and she'd knock it down again. I was prepare to do this for hours but eventually she got to the point where she would cry every time I put the water bottle upright...I guess she really wanted it down...

She's holding herself up really well on her stomach!! 
Tummy Time expert!
I don't need to burp her anymore!  Hooray!

My Favorites
She has started squeezing my neck with one arm when I pick her up and it makes me never ever ever want to set her down.

Her totally bonkers hair.  We accidentally packed up her hairbrush a little prematurely and couldn't remember where it was so for about two weeks she's had tufts of hair just randomly sticking out all over the place.

Her Favorites
Crinkling things!  She is a crinkling FIEND these days!  I have to watch it when I bring plastic bags home.

Moving her tongue around.  I think she's practicing to be in a KISS cover band when she grows up or something.
I couldn't pick just one, they were all cracking me up
HOLDING HANDS!  Actually, this should be one of my favorites too.  Whenever she's sad about something, the #1 thing that makes her feel better is holding one of my fingers.  If she's really upset, she'll grab one with each hand.  It absolutely melts. my. heart.  She was also holding hands with her friend Brooklyn the other day, which was ADORABLE.  Alice and I took probably about 40 photos between us because it was just too much. 

Squeaking!!

Sucking on her fingers!  She does it ALL the time!
Sometimes it's hard to coordinate
Sometimes she accidentally gags herself

But when she gets it right, it's pretty darn precious.

Looking at her dad!  It's so cute, when Jacob comes home she will not take her eyes off him.  She smiles and flaps her arms and I absolutely love seeing how much she loves her daddy.
Oh my gosh, me.  For 80% of her wake time, she is absolutely fine being held by other people, looking at other people, etc. and she barely notices if I'm not around.  When she gets tired or overwhelmed?  Look. Out.  She needs to be in my lap or over my shoulder or she will freak. the flip. out.  It is simultaneously flattering, heartwarming, and a little exhausting.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I love that she loves me and I love holding her pretty much whenevs.
Really? You won't even smile for this little cutie?
Surprises
How much she looks like me!!  Especially since she's all about imitating my facial expressions.  It's really a crazy feeling seeing my face almost exactly reflected on this tiny little baby head.

Other Notable Moments
Getting to meet & spend time with Rachel!  Jenna LOVED her, which was so cute to see!!!  Also, cheering us on during our 5K (which Jenna did not actually enjoy, but Rachel & I did!)


Moving to Houston!!!  It was a little sad packing up the house where we started our marriage and had Jenna, but this will be a fun new adventure!

Looking Forward To...
New adventures in Houston!! We're going to stop by our new BSF class (mostly just to get her registered) and maybe join a playgroup?  It'll be fun!

Her being able to sit up on her own.  She LOVES being able to see everything that's going on, but can only stay comfortably upright in her Bumbo for so long.  She'll be a lot happier when she can do it on her own.



No comments:

Post a Comment