Monday, October 12, 2015

39 Weeks

How far along? 39 weeks.  Baby apparently is the size of a watermelon!  Yep, that sounds about right.
Maternity clothes? Do I need to be wearing maternity clothes?  Obviously, yes.  However, if I'm going somewhere that requires wearing actual clothes instead of Jacob's big t-shirts and sweatpants, there's only a 50/50 chance I'll show up.
Sleep:  Good!  I've been conking out so hard this week.
Best moment this week:  Can I just say all of Tuesday??  We went to the zoo in the morning with some friends, and then in the evening our neighborhood had a little parade for National Night Out.  They had a fire truck and the kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes and we just marched around a few blocks while the Civic Club threw candy.  It was so cute!!  They also had a costume contest and Jenna won!  Not that my costume making skills are so superior...there just weren't that many kids there dressed up and Jenna was laying on the charm pretty thick with the judges.  Those little old ladies were powerless against her meows and sparkly shoes.

This was the moment she realized she was dressed as a cat.  She loved her little tail!
We also did our first pumpkin patch of the year, complete with petting zoo, mini-pumpkin decorating, and pony/cart ride through a Frozen-themed forest.  Basically everything Jenna is obsessed with and it was really really fun.  If I haven't mentioned, I flipping love everything about October through December.
Miss Anything? Sitting on the couch! It just hurts my back too much right now.  I've been sitting on the tile whenever we watch TV, and let me tell you...sitting on tile = cold cold buns
Movement: So much!  I honestly don't remember Jenna being this active when I was this far along with her.  Juliette definitely loves to stretch out and shift around to find just the perfect snuggle spot!

Food cravings: Sweets, burgers, and fries.  Basically my favorite things in general anyways, but now I want them 100x more!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No, and I feel like I've been STARVING this week!  Seriously, I'm a bottomless pit right now.
Have you started to show yet: Ooohh yeah. I go out in public like... 
(Not really, that looks exhausting.)

Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Yes, almost all of the gross ones!  I won't list them here because if you don't know, you really don't need to.  I will say this though...I feel like if you're at the point in your life when you're having babies and you don't have anyone to text about your pre-labor diarrhea, you're doing life wrong.  Whoops, I guess I just said one of the gross things.  Well anyway, I'm not even sure if that one was due to impending labor or because of all of the weirdo organic pregnancy tea I've been guzzling to "ready my womb for labor," as it says on the box.  Aaand since I haven't ACTUALLY gone into labor yet, I'm going to go ahead and guess the latter.  Rats.
Belly Button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? Still off!  I miss my ring! 
Happy or Moody most of the time:  In the interest of being totally honest, I actually had a lot of really blue moments this week!  I think it was a combination of hormones and anxiousness over birthing logistics and very little sleep and feeling listless because all of my to-do's have been to-done and because I 
really really really really thought Thursday was going to be the day and then it wasn't....this weekend really rejuvenated me, but up until that point I was struggling with just feeling really sad!  It made me nervous too because I had ZERO postpartum depression with Jenna and I was (and still am a little) afraid that my moodiness this week meant I might be hit with the baby blues pretty hard this time around.  And who knows, I might.  The good news is this past week gave me and Jacob a chance to talk about potentially having postpartum depression, since I don't think it crossed either of our minds up until this point.  At least we'll be prepared if it happens!
Looking forward to: Meeting my sweet little girl, and having all of the grandparents come down to visit/help!!  (Not all at once, naturally.  That would be insane.)  My mom is flying down as soon as I go into labor and I'm SO excited to see her!!!!!  Not to mention, having her visit be shortly followed up by my dad's (staggered to maximize help and to make sure someone is around the Chicago area for the birth of my niece Sofia!!) and then Jacob's parents in early November.  I'm just so psyched to see all of our folks!! <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment