Sunday, October 4, 2015

38 Weeks

How far along? 38 weeks
Maternity clothes? Yes, and I've officially graduated from my medium yoga pants to my large ones. #movingonup
Sleep:  Really good for the first part of the week, and then towards the end of the week my back just started killing me and sleep got reeeeally tricky!  I think because she's so low, it's rolling out my hips and pinching some nerves near my tailbone.  Yowza.  Either that or it's back contractions....fingers crossed for that one, (even though it's not any less uncomfortable!)  On the cute side, Jenna has started rubbing my back and moving Jacob's hands onto my back to help fix Mommy's "owies" haha
Best moment this week:  October's arrival!!!!  I LOVE this month, and I'm so glad that Juliette is officially going to be born in it!!

Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach.  Although I can pretend like I'm sleeping on my stomach if I lean towards my front and sprawl my legs out so I take up almost the whole bed...poor Jacob
Movement: Lots from her, she's gotten very active!  She loves pushing her feet against the side of my stomach, and I think I felt her toes from the outside last night!!  And as for my movement...I never really understood why pregnant ladies walked with their backs arched and hips pushed out until this week.  I'm definitely getting my waddle on (or "pregnancy swagger," if you'd like to make me sound a little cooler.  Please and thank you.)

Food cravings: Eh...not really.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still plenty hungry and am definitely eating for two....or three...I'm just not wanting anything in particular
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nada
Have you started to show yet: Yes, and she's lowwww
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: A few more irregular contractions, and the OB said I'm almost 3 cm!!!  She asked if I wanted her to sweep my membranes to move the labor process along...and I totally panicked! All of a sudden I felt like...whoa whoa whoa, AM I ready to have a baby?!  I felt a lot better after talking to my friend Kathleen though...she just had a baby a few months ago and it was so good to be reminded that the newborn phase of feedings every two hours and very little sleep, etc. only lasts for a month or two!  That's what I was feeling the most nervous about, but it's a phase and it'll pass and every day of having a baby just gets better and better (except when they go through growth spurts, but let's not talk about that)
Belly Button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? OFF!!!!!   Ahhhh I didn't take my ring off before bed on Wednesday night and woke up the next morning with it TOTALLY stuck on my finger!  It woke the claustrophobic up in me pretty quick, I'll tell ya that.  I've been wearing a fake ring ever since (that's about two sizes too big) because I do NOT want to go through that again!
Happy or Moody most of the time:  I want to say happy, because honestly that's how I feel most of the time, but I have definitely had some super crabby mood swings.  It's either hormones or lack of a good night's sleep, but I've found myself having to apologize to Jacob more often than not these days...womp womp, sorry family...
Looking forward to: Enjoying more of this amazing weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment