Sunday, April 28, 2013

5 Weeks

Working up to week 5 was...not my favorite week.  We had a little bit of a scare with some spotting and some inconclusive test results.  Apparently my HCG levels didn't quite double the first time around (twenty something to 58) so I had to get a another test...everything turned out fine, my HCG levels more than doubled the next time around so that was good.  It was still really nerve-wracking though, especially since the doctor's office FORGOT to call me with my test results TWICE so I had to wait a whole extra day BOTH TIMES!  Not appreciated.  Jacob and I were relieved that everything turned out to be normal though and had a total blast telling his family!  I started the video a little late, but we told them that I had been crafting that weekend and wanted to show them what I made. Right before the camera turned on Luke asked if I got the idea from Pinterest hahah...he knows what's up.


This is the chalkboard we showed them in the video.  Baby J: coming to a cradle near you, Dec. 24!!
I'm a little behind on posting too, so here is the chalkboard for this week!! Baby J is the size of an orange seed!  My tiny little baby!!  You may be asking, "why are you wearing such a loose shirt?  Shouldn't you be showing off your baby bump?"  First of all, weren't you just listening? My baby is only the size of an orange seed.  My womb isn't much bigger. Second of all, the loose shirt is necessary because I have not been able to go to the bathroom for days and my stomach is huge.  Pregnancy is awesome.  Bring on the prune juice.

How far along? 5 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Probably a million pounds
Maternity clothes? Not yet

Sleep:  Naps galore!  It's like college all over again, except that I also go to bed at 8 each night haha
Best moment this week: Telling Jacob's family! I'm so excited that they were ALL there for the announcement (except Jill, but we texted her right after).  It was great, and I'm SO happy they know!!

Miss Anything? Not really, although Jacob did have a glass of wine this week and it smelled mm mmm mmm!! I was a little jealous!
Movement: Nope
Food cravings: Not really
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really.  Actually, right now everything is tasting EXTRA good.  This could be trouble.
Have you started to show yet: You mean besides my enormously bloated belly? Nope.
Gender Prediction: When we were worried about my HCG levels, I did a lot of reading on the internet (which was unwise, granted) and I read that if the baby is a boy, the levels are usually lower so...this week I am predicting it's a boy!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy!
Looking forward to: Testing is over and we're taking a trip to Austin this weekend to see our friends up there!  Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. your chalkboard is so cute!!! i need you to come decorate mine!! haha. wine smells good to me too...alas...

    ReplyDelete