Saturday, May 18, 2013

8 Weeks


This week was super fun.  We had our first official appointment with our doctor this week.  They did a sonogram where we got to see our little lima bean and could even see the fluttering of his/her heart.  It was amazing!  I cried, but honestly what DOESN'T make me cry these days.  The nurse practitioner did some measurements and determined that the baby was 7 weeks and 2 days old...which matched EXACTLY with the timing I had figured out using NFP (which secretly gave me just a liiiiittle bit of satisfaction because the nurse practitioner got a bit saucy with us when we told her we used NFP.  Aren't I entitled to be just a little bit smug that the due date I calculated was more exact than hers? I think so :) )  We also started to tell a couple more people this week that we are expecting, which was SO great!  It feels good to spread the word a little bit.


Forgive my wrinkly shirt...


Say hello to Baby J!!!

How far along? 8 weeks!  2/3 done with my first trimester! woo woo!
Maternity clothes? Rockin' the yoga pants quite a bit, but let's be honest...that's nothing new.

Sleep:  Frequent, but not very deeply :-/
Best moment this week: Seeing Baby J's heart beating on the sonogram!!

Miss Anything? A glass of wine sounds excellent...I guess it'll be a few more months before that's possible 
Movement: Nope
Food cravings: Anything fresh! Never thought I'd see the day when a bunch of veggies would sound better than a Chick-fil-a sandwich but what can ya do?  I guess as far as cravings go, I'm pretty thankful I'm craving healthy!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing specific that triggers it, but I have been majorly sick the past few days. Gross
Have you started to show yet: There's this little bump that will not go away no matter how hard I suck in...it's pretty firm too so I'm thinking it's due to baby and not burrito...

Gender Prediction: Still feel like it's a boy
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In (Jacob is praying it never pops out haha)
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy, although I pretty much cry at the drop of a hat these days.  That Target commercial where the kids get accepted to college?? Brutal!
Looking forward to: Having all of our close family and friends know!

2 comments:

  1. love him/her so much already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! i like the chalk you use! i need to get fun colors like you!

    and way to show your nurse practitioner what's up. NFP is the best!

    ReplyDelete