Sunday, May 26, 2013

9 Weeks



How far along? 9 weeks
Maternity clothes? No, but I DID have to loop a rubberband through the button hole of my work pants this week. Baby J is really starting to spread out in there...
Sleep:  About 12 hours a night, subtracting time to get up and go to the bathroom about twice a night.
Best moment(s) this week: Oh so many...let me hit a few of the highlights:

  •  FINALLY telling my friend Christina and LITERALLY being tackled by her because she was so excited (did I mention that she's 6 months pregnant??)
Future BFF's and mommies
  •   This actual conversation that I had with a friend, telling her I was pregnant (no names have been used to protect the  innocent  easily distracted  slow-to-react)

Me:  Yeah, I've just been thinking about that a lot because......I'm pregnant. 
Friend:  Yeah, totally. 
(5 awkward seconds...10 awkward seconds...me: *panicking* did she not hear me??...15 awkward seconds)
Me:  Um...I'm having a...
Friend:  OHMYGOSHWAITWHATDIDYOUJUSTSAYOHMYGOSHI'MSOEXCITEDTHAT'SSOAMAZINGSDSLIGNOIGNDOIDBFKLFNSLDFKNOIGMDLFKNDFGLDKJGNOIFGDFLKNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (more unintelligible phone yelling for about 3 minutes)

I was seriously crying I was laughing so hard. Oh fine, I'll at least give you a clue as to who she is...she's a Chi O.  There, now if you don't know who it is by now, don't worry about it.  You don't know her.
  • Alright, this next story requires some background...I'll try to sum it up.  When I started working at Rogers my principal had just had a baby so I gave her a sweater knitted by Nana (a VERY special gift, for anyone in the know) wrapped up in a box with a big silk ribbon.  Three years later...I tell my principal last week that I am 1) resigning after this year because 2) I'm pregnant.  Well, at the beginning of this week she calls me in her office and hands me a box with a big silk ribbon around it and inside is...you guessed it.  The Nana sweater.  She told me that she loved using it, but wanted to return it to me, especially since I was leaving, pregnant, and since Nana passed away last year.  Wow.  Talk about hitting the boss jackpot.  It blows my mind how much she remembered, even down to how I wrapped the box.  Winner.
Miss Anything? As ridiculous as it sounds...raw pepperoni.  Well, not raw but that pre-packaged kind.  Apparently cold deli meats sometimes carry listeria, so you're not supposed to have them.  There's only the smallest chance, but it's still on the no-no list.  Anyway, I tried to sneak one this week and Jacob caught me and gave me the saddest look and said, "please don't kill my baby." I felt so bad that I spit it out, but I still really want to eat one...
Movement: Nope
Food cravings: CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES!  I've eaten them like 3 different times this week. Yummmmyyy

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not as much this week.  I'm glad because I was afraid it was really going to kick into full gear after last week's pukecapades.
Have you started to show yet: I definitely have a tummy but right now it kind of just looks like I'm getting chubby.  It's one of those things where I can tell it's the baby because I know my own body, but other people might not really be able to tell.

Gender Prediction: I'm switching things up this week and going with girl.  Jacob and I looked up some old wives' tales about baby gender and one of them said if the baby's heartbeat was faster, it's a girl.  Based on the heartrate we got at our doctor's appointment, it definitely fits into the girl range!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy, but with a lot of tears!  Pregnancy hormones + The Office series finale + Target college scholarship commercials = total cryfest. 
Looking forward to: My chiropractor appointment next week.  I've been falling asleep so early that I haven't been doing my back exercises and am suuuper uncomfortable.  Early bedtime + back pain?  Geez, you'd think I was turning 75 this week instead of 25...

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your dress!!!! and your posts- they're SO funny!!!

    ReplyDelete