Saturday, April 4, 2015

12 Weeks

Ok so, Jacob always makes fun of me for these clothes (which I wear like 70% of the time...at home ONLY, obviously.)  He calls it my Catwoman outfit and it's not great, I know.  I'm just feeling like I have a serious lack of summer clothes to wear in general, much less that show off my belly.  Oh well.  Picture more frizz in the hair, slightly smeared eyeliner and some sort of chocolate something in my hand and now you have a little picture of what I look like most days.  You're welcome.
How far along? 12 weeks...am I in second trimester?  It feels like I'm getting close!
Maternity clothes? Not yet, but I definitely had a pair of jeans that fit me at the beginning of the week and were preeeettty difficult to button by the end
Sleep:  Less naps, which has been great!
Best moment this week:  Seeing Baby J on the sonogram!  He/she was a little camera shy so we didn't get a good face shot, but I love seeing them move in realtime!  PLUS we found out that with all the blood testing they do for the pre-screen, they can also test for the gender!!!  They asked if we were interested and it was basically and instant YES PLEASE!  It'll be a week or so before the results come in and I have a feeling it is going to be the longest week of my life!!!

Miss Anything?  No, I've been content this week
Movement: Ok sometimes I really feel like I can feel the baby kicking, but I might just be feeling my heartbeat. Or hunger. Or gas. It's hard to tell, really...

Food cravings: Just...nutrients.  We have a friend living with us right now and it was his birthday this week and then a few days later it was Jacob's birthday so...between all the birthday desserts and special breakfast cinnamon rolls and muffins and whatnot...I just really need to eat a vegetable.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I felt good this week!  Although with Jenna, second trimester was when I started getting really sick so I'm crossing my fingers that that doesn't start soon!!  But also kind of anticipating it
Have you started to show yet: Definitely a little!
Gender Prediction: I don't know, but for some reason Jacob and I both started calling the baby a "he" during the sonogram.  I don't know if that was a sign from the heavens that we instinctively know we're having a boy, or if black and white fuzzy-ish silhouettes are just remarkably masculine, but either way I'll go with boy this week 
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Mostly in
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy...how could you not be with all of the birthday celebrations and sonogram pictures and such?
Looking forward to: EASTER!!!!  I can't wait to give Jenna her basket and watch her hunt eggs!  I have no idea if she'll be into it or not, but it'll be fun either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment