Wednesday, July 17, 2013

17 Weeks

Best. Week. Ever.  Ok so, I was wrong about finding out the gender at my 16 week appointment. Bummer.  So I made my 20 week appointment and an appointment with the sonogramist and was resigned not to know the gender of our baby for another month.  Double bummer.  BUT THEN we went to Austin to visit our friends up there and Christina randomly gives me a coupon she got in the mail for a gender reveal ultrasound. Um, yes please.  So Jacob and I talked about it, decided that we wanted to find out sooner than later, made a last minute appointment, and that was that!  So without further ado...



How far along? 17 weeks...baby is the size of a turnip! (which I had to google because I have no idea what it actually is)
Total weight gain: 10 pounds!  I almost fainted when I found out (just kidding) but my doctor says I'm still within the normal limits.  Still it sounds like a lot...in my defense, I was on vacation for 3 weeks and ate a lot of deep dish pizza and pasta because how can you not carbo-load when you're in Chicago for such a short time??  I blame those Italians and their delicious delicious food. Oh...who am I kidding.  We all know I don't regret a single bite

Maternity clothes? Just the usual.  Man, I love having an excuse not to wear jeans for the rest of the year
Sleep:  Pretty normal.  I bought a body pillow this week...it's super fuzzy and comfortable and wonderful.  We're in love
Best moment this week:  Finding out that Baby J is a girl!!! I'm so excited to start calling my baby "she" and looking up super cute headbands and dresses online!  Also, during the ultrasound, we saw Baby J lift her little thumb and put it in her mouth. I almost died of cuteness

Miss Anything?  Sushi!  Shopping at HEB, getting offered a free piece of sushi, and having to turn it down is potentially the most torturous thing ever.
Movement: Maybe...I think I can I feel things every now and then but who knows
Food cravings: Fruit, milk, meat...it all tastes so good!!  I even like bananas these days, who am I??
Anything making you queasy or sick:  I haven't felt sick at ALL this week, which is awesome!!
Have you started to show yet:  Yes

Gender Prediction: Girl...and I was right!! :) Jacob is already putting together a game plan for teaching her how to play basketball.  I think he's hoping she'll get those tall genes in my family that magically skipped over me
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? Off.  To be fair, it's always been a little tight...
Happy or Moody most of the time:  So happy!!
Looking forward to: Jacob planned a date for this weekend to drive down to South Padre and see a baby sea turtle release! I'm super excited

No comments:

Post a Comment