Sunday, March 15, 2015

9 Weeks


How far along? 9 weeks
Maternity clothes? None, everything is still fitting great!

Sleep:  Pretty normal, other than an extra nap or two during the day.  My OB said I can actually sleep on my stomach for a little while and that has made things SO much easier at night!
Best moment this week:  I have two this week.  First, I had an appointment with my OB.  I had another ultrasound and little baby J looked so cute!!! You could see his/her tiny little legs sticking up in the air and his/her cute little cheeks and teeny beeny arms. 

Again, the light spot inside of the dark spot.  The baby is on his/her back, and the legs are on the right side and the little arm is on the bottom. Can you see?
My other favorite part of this week was meeting the Hobbs family at the zoo!!  It was so fun seeing the kids interact with each other (they're best friends for sure!) and watching Jenna get excited about the animals.  She mostly liked the little furry ones, like the meerkats but my favorite was when we got to see the elephants getting a bath.  The baby elephant was completely loving life whenever he got sprayed with water.  It was adorable.
I feel obligated to say that the elephants have a LOT more space that this.  This is just where they get their baths

Just a couple of pregnant mamas and their youngest babies!
Miss Anything?  Pi day was this week (it was a big one...3/14/15!!) and I really wanted to make Pioneer Woman's French Silk Pie, but it's basically 75% raw egg so that was a no go.  However, I made a black bottom peanut butter mousse pie instead and was not disappointed!
Movement: Not yet, but sometimes I'm gassy and pretend like it's the baby kicking...

Food cravings: Red meat!! Nomnomnom
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not as much! I can eat chicken again, which is HUGE!!  I'm still a little queasy around really strong smells, like onions.  They're fine cooked, I just can't chop them.
Have you started to show yet: Not yet
Gender Prediction: A girl.  I don't know!  I keep going back and forth, I don't know!!!  {Ok, really honestly truly, I feel like it's a girl most of the time because overall I feel like my symptoms are very similar, but I don't want to get my mind too set on one thing and risk feeling sad when we find out the gender.  Because really honestly truly, I will be 100% thrilled with a boy or a girl, but I don't handle unmet expectations well so I'm trying not to have expectations!  So I'm going to waffle a lot on this question to try and protect myself mentally because this question feels like a minefield to me, but between me and you...it's a girl.}
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy, I think?  This is probably a better question to ask my husband haha
Looking forward to: Spring Break next week!!! I love my job, but it is going to be really nice not to have anywhere to go on Tuesday and Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment