Monday, June 22, 2015

23 Weeks

In honor of Father's Day, I decided to have someone else take my bump picture this week...
JK, I obviously took my own pic.  In all seriousness though, Father's Day is such a reason to celebrate.  Not only because of my own wonderful Dad, but also because of what a huge support system Jacob has been as the father of our children.  He's such a great dad...he genuinely loves spending time with Jenna and pulls sooo much weight at home with changing diapers, helping prepare her meals, and just in general taking over when he gets home from work.  Especially since becoming pregnant and needing to nap all the time...he's so great about jumping in and just letting me rest.  What a guy!! Aaaaaaand in honor of Father's Day, here is an excellent collection of dad jokes for you!
For the record, Jacob saw this picture and said, "WHAT? Your belly is much bigger than that!"  I don't know what to tell ya...that's how the picture came out!  Just know...bump may be larger than it appears
How far along? 23 weeks...baby is the size of a grapefruit.  A grapefruit!!
Maternity clothes? Yeah a bit...I still can wear my jeans, but I'm to the point of avoiding it at all costs so...that should be a sign it's about time to make the switch
Sleep:  Good, although naps are still COMPLETELY essential
Best moment this week:  Hanging out with my parents!  It was so great having them around and seeing them with Jenna.  They're such good buds now!  It was really fun showing them Baby J's ultrasound pictures...they were so amazed at how alike she and Jenna are!  I can't wait to see her in person!!!

Miss Anything? Dough, a little bit.  I get really jealous when Jacob sneaks in spoonfuls and I can't!
Movement: Oh yeah.  And it's getting to the point where I can feel her rolling around and see it a little bit from the outside.  It's my favorite!

Food cravings: Protein!  One night this week I had a bowl of yogurt with a chicken and scrambled egg taco for dinner.  I know, that was kind of was weird, but I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Oh my gosh...I actually did get a really motion sick when I was walking up and down the grocery store aisles!! That was a first.
Have you started to show yet: I'm going to go with...definitely yes.
Gender: Girl!  So fun, especially thinking about all the future girly birthday cakes I get to make for them!!  Although, if one of them asked for a Ninja Turtles one, I would not complain!  Or Power Rangers!  Are those still around?  I could totally stick sparklers in there like they're fighting!!!  So many cake ideas!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? A lot out actually.  Keep it up, belly button!!
Wedding rings on or off? On! Hang in there, fingers!  (apparently I'm all about talking to my body parts this week)
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy!  Although if I skip my daily nap, things can get moody reeeeal quick...
Looking forward to: More time with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment