Monday, May 11, 2015

17 Weeks

So, the good news is I am AMAZING at gaining weight.  By Wednesday, I had already gained three more pounds, which I attribute largely to all of the delicious peanut butter and bacon sandwiches I ate.  Not peanut butter sandwiches and bacon sandwiches...peanut butter/bacon sandwiches.  Don't judge me.  It probably wasn't EXACTLY the kind of high-protein snacks my OB meant for me to eat and I probably shouldn't have put on 3 pounds in a week and a half, but they were delicious and I have zero regrets and you should go make yourself a peanut butter/bacon sandwich.
The bad news is my stomach is AMAZING at producing acid, and from Thursday morning until...now, my stomach has been in absolute turmoil and I'm a little afraid to eat now.  The only thing I've been able to eat without my stomach feeling absolutely agonizingly painful is cereal.  If I drink lots of milk, I can eat things like bread too.  It's been fun.  I'm hoping this is temporary because cereal is boring...although, I love any excuse to drink more milk!
How far along? 17 weeks...the size of an onion!
Maternity clothes? None yet
Sleep:  Rrrrrrrrrrrough.  Very rough.  I've had to get up a couple times in the middle of the night to pee, but the WORST was that nausea/stomach acidity thing I had going on in the second half of the week.  I literally woke up in the middle of the night once because my stomach hurt so bad.  I couldn't tell if I was queasy or hungry or having heartburn or what, and I was too tired to find a solution so I just laid there for hours. Ugh. Ewww plus, I started grinding my teeth again.  That happened when I was pregnant with Jenna too, but at least I know I stop doing it once I'm not pregnant anymore!!!
Best moment this week:  Jacob set his alarm and woke up early on Saturday morning, JUST so that he could clean the kitchen for me before I woke up.  He is a total star.

Miss Anything?  Not having a super acidic stomach...
Movement: Yes!!! I'm pretty sure those little twitches are baby kicks.  I love it!

Food cravings: The first half of the week, it was basically anything chocolate and of course the peanut butter/bacon sandwiches.  The second half of the week however...I think I really went off the deep end.  The ONLY thing that I wanted to eat was a fruit and yogurt parfait from Espresso Royale.  Specifically.  The trouble is, Espresso Royale is in Champaign, IL while I am in Texas.  But I was so desperate...I just wanted to eat something that didn't make me want to completely die so I sent a pleading e-mail to the Espresso Royale company.  

For the record, I have not heard back yet.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Apparently coffee, anything that is rich, has chocolate, has citrus, or is spicy.  And whatever else ups the acid level in your stomach.  Things that help me NOT be sick: sleeping upright, drinking tons of milk, and the essential oil mix my wonderful friend AK mixed up for me. 
Have you started to show yet: Well I would say yes, but at the church BUNCO night I mentioned to a few people that I was pregnant and they kept saying they couldn't tell!!  Which...I really have no good response to. "Well...I am."  or  "Yeah well, I'm trying to make my baby really skinny."  or maybe  "Thanks, it's because the baby is snuggled so closely with my organs that my stomach acid is hanging out in my esophagus and sometimes my mouth.  Nice to meet you, by the way." 
Gender: A little girl!!  Jacob and I have been trying to narrow down some names this week...so fun!!!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? It depends how I'm sitting or standing, but it's usually at least 50% out...sometimes almost all the way!
Wedding rings on or off? On! Hooray!
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy, except for when my stomach was blugh
Looking forward to: I know this is a little further off, but June is going to be full of so many fun visits!!  I keep thinking about it and I absolutely can't WAIT!

1 comment:

  1. Espresso better respond, or I want all the money I spent there in college refunded! They did help us with Anthony's engagement scavenger hunt back in 2012 though...I'm sure they'll get back to you! Feel better. Side note-our church does BUNCO nights too...is that a Jesus thing? :)

    ReplyDelete