Thursday, May 21, 2015

18 Weeks

I'm going to kick off this post with some facts about pregnancy that also happen to sum up my week.
You know you're pregnant when...
      ...your belly needs its own pillow
      ...you pull a stomach muscle because you were laying on your side and sneezed
      ...you absolutely MUST wear a tank top under your t-shirts, otherwise the underside of your belly gets a nice little draft
      ...you can't tell the difference between pregnancy symptoms and the stomach flu.  Apparently.

And now you know a little more about pregnancy.  You're welcome for the education.
How far along? 18 weeks...baby is the size of a sweet potato!
Maternity clothes? Not yet! (double fist pump!!) Although, as stated above, it's imperative for me to layer long tank tops under everything due to belly updraft.
Sleep:  Sooooooo goooood.  I slept soooo soundly this week.  I don't why, I don't know how, but I absolutely loved it.  Sweet sweet week of thick and thorough unconsciousness.
Best moment this week:  Lots of time with friends that was centered around good food!  Between Mother's Day brunch, date night, and having various people over, it's been a red letter week.

Miss Anything?  Eating dough, a little bit but...honestly I really haven't been missing much!
Movement: Kicking like crazy!  Although all the kicks are really low.  Suuuuuper low...like, below where the actual baby bump is low.  Makes me wonder why I even have this bump after all, if the baby is apparently never even UP there! [from eating an entire package of Pinwheels singlehandedly? Maybe...]

Food cravings: Sweet things!  Well...I guess I can't really tell if I'm CRAVING sweet things or if I'm just always eating them because they're always around.  Darn my husband and his giant sweet tooth and his ultra fast metabolism.  And mostly...darn my compulsive baking and lack of self control...
Anything making you queasy or sick: No!! Thankfully, that weird heartburn/acidity went away and now that I think about it...the fact that last week began and ended by Jenna throwing up probably means I just had the flu.
Have you started to show yet: Yes!  
Gender Prediction: Girl!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Still mostly out!  I've gotten a lot of people asking me about why I want my belly button to be an outie so badly...first, because it's funny that Jacob is so grossed out by it.  Second, because when else am I going to have an outie?! Third, I told this story during one of my blogs the last time around but...when I was a little kid, I had an outie. Then one day when I was around 6, I was sitting around playing with my belly button because why not?  And I accidentally pushed it in!!  It was so completely alarming and I was so afraid to tell my parents because I thought for SURE I would get in trouble and that it would probably pop back out eventually.  Well, it never did.  It took me until I was 25 to confess to my parents that I pushed in my own belly button (I didn't get in trouble...phew) and now at almost 27, it's my last chance for my belly button to pop out again.  I've been waiting 20 years for this to happen.  This is my moment.
Wedding rings on or off? On!!!! Oh please please please fit for my whole pregnancy!
Happy or Moody most of the time:  This was a happy week, for sure!
Looking forward to: We're hosting a parenting bible study on the book Entrusted this summer...it starts on Wednesday and I can't WAIT!   It's such a good book and I really want to dig into it this summer to make sure Jacob and I are equipped for some full-scale parenting.  I know what you're thinking...haven't you already been parenting?  And the answer to that is no.  It's pretty much just been about making sure Jenna stays alive, which we have been doing splendidly, I might add.  But now that she's mobile and getting opinions and a sister and stuff...it's bound to get more complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment