Monday, May 4, 2015

16 Weeks

Well, something happened this week that I NEVER dreamed would happen...my doctor told me I need to really try to gain some more weight.  Yep.  Try. To GAIN.  Apparently I've only gained about 3 pounds this whole pregnancy!!  :-/ Now, to be fair, the first time they weighed me I was wearing jeans and boots and I've been wearing yoga pants and shorts for every weigh-in after that so...let's take that into account and add a few extra pounds on for that.  But still!!!  She said I should shoot for gaining 15 lbs. over the whole pregnancy and that she thinks I'll have a tough time doing that.  Um...15?!  Did I or did I not gain 40 POUNDS when I was pregnant with Jenna without batting an eye?!  My first thought was obviously...cha ching!!!  I can definitely do more high-protein snacks throughout the day!  Ice cream has protein, right?  I'm all over this!!  But then for most of the week I've actually been feeling really guilty.  I don't want my baby to be malnourished!  And I didn't really realize it but I think I've been struggling more with the idea of weight gain during this pregnancy than I ever thought I would.  I've NEVER been a "watch-what-you-eat" kind of girl, but I guess I subconsciously became that a little bit.  I mean I ate plenty at meals and obviously didn't hold back on the Easter candy or anything, but I would get hungry around 10 or around 3 and would tell myself to hold off until lunch/dinner.  I mean you only need an extra 300 calories a day and I was pretty sure I was eating enough at meals to fulfill that but I guess not.  Anyway, I'm snacking a lot more this week and drinking more milk.  I definitely want my baby to grow big and strong and really have no reason to be afraid to gain weight....I lost it the last time, I can lose it again!  And I love to snack so I'm really looking forward to that part!
How far along? 16 weeks...my baby can hear this week!!  Hello baby!!!!!!!
Maternity clothes? Still no!  I gotta say, this is very convenient.
Sleep:  Good, but I have had a few vivid dreams...I actually woke myself (and Jacob) up because I was laughing so hard in my sleep one night!  It was a suuuuuuuuper weird feeling, but the dream WAS really funny.  Stacy was wearing a pink and purple luchador mask and dancing around....you know what?  Maybe you had to be there.
Best moment this week:  Hearing Baby J's heartbeat!  I always love that!! Jenna and I also had a lot of fun with some friends at the zoo on Friday.  Jenna completely freaked when she saw the cheetahs...she's obsessed with cats right now and one walked right by the fence while we were there.  The first thing she said when she woke up from her nap afterwards was "RAWR!!"

Miss Anything?  Nope!  Jacob and Dan have been working on brewing their own beer, which you would think would mean I would want to at least try some, but it totally made the house smell like sweat.  They're denying it and blaming it on my crazy pregnancy nose, but I know what I smelled!!!!!!
Movement: I think I've been feeling her move!  Just little nudges here and there, but I'm pretty sure it was the baby!

Food cravings: DESSERT!  I'm finding EVERY excuse I can to bake...by the end of next week I'll have made about 6-7 different things in a 2 week period.  I wish I was exaggerating.  Also, burgers and fries!  We found a really yummy place this past weekend that wasn't too expensive...I'll definitely be back soon!!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!  Sometimes I feel a really vague queasiness after I eat, but it's really so slight it's hardly worth mentioning.
Have you started to show yet: Yep!  I think strangers should be able to tell I'm pregnant now!  Or at least they'll wonder enough that they'll want to say something but will still be too afraid to accidentally offend me if I'm simply chubby so they won't actually say anything in the end...
Gender Prediction: Girl!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? It's starting to pop out! 
Wedding rings on or off? Still on
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy!
Looking forward to: More reasons to make dessert!  We have a ladies BUNCO night on Friday and a small brunch on Mother's Day and I'm bringing dessert for BOTH! (and naturally, I have to be the one that brings the dessert so that  I can leave a large portion of it at home to snack on before and after the event...nomnomnom)

No comments:

Post a Comment